Diane & Gordy

Diane & Gordy
Italy

Thursday, April 16, 2015

We've Been Waiting for This!!

We've Been Waiting for This!!
 

 
"It's been five years since we first met.  Today, I'm saying good-bye.  This means I don't have to even see you in three months, six months, or a year.  We're finished.  If you need me, I'll be here but this pretty much ends our doctor and patient relationship,"--Dr. Doug Henrich, Ear, Nose, Throat specialist.  We shook hands, he patted me on the back, and sent us on our way.  It was a welcomed parting of the ways.  Diane and I got as far as the hallway outside his office before we stopped and hugged each other.  It was over. 
 
There are no guarantees in life but with this particular kind of cancer, the five-year threshold is the magic number.  From diagnosis on March 2010 to the release from my doctor April 15, 2015, this journey has ended, and we look to the future with hope and optimism.  Thanks to all of you for your concern, thoughts, and prayers. 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment